Translate

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Daily Submission

Well I got the crap kicked out of my last night. Adam wasn't feeling very good so he went over a couple of open guard sweeps quickly and then we rolled. I rolled with one of the Blue belts, Ryan, who I haven't rolled with before. Ryan is bigger than me, better than me and if he hadn't hurt his elbows he was going to go to the worlds. I did Ok to start with, I managed to regain guard a few times, prevent some passes and even reversed him a time or two but he slowly started to take over. His constant pressure wore me down and he started to dominate. I got caught in a triangle, an arm bar and triangle from the mount.

Some good things I took out of that roll was the I managed to regain guard from side control, which is something I have more of a problem with then I should. I also held my own against a better fighter for at least 5 minutes before he began to wear me down. We have some pretty good blues (Marcus doesn't promote fast) so hang with them even for 5 minutes is a sign that I am improving, both technically and in my cardio.

No comments: