Translate

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Workout Submission

No Jui Jitsu today so it was off to the gym. Time was short so I had to skip the cardio. I did my exercises pretty fast paced in order to induce some anaerobic conditioning. Today's workout consisted of

Pulls ups (do them every time I enter a gym)
Snatch X 3
Military Press x 10
Cleans x 10
Around the worlds x 10 per side
5 min ab workout
5 min cool down and stretch

I am really big into Olympic lifts lately. The gain here is the explosiveness in my hips that really lends itself to grappling. I really started to explore this after I found out that O lifts are a big part of the conditioning at Xtreme Couture. www.danjohn.org is a great resource if you want to explore O lifting. His e-book is excellent for power development.

Here is a link that will explain and around the work for you if you have never seen it. It is a staple of the Miltech camp's Strength and Conditioning program.

No comments: