Translate

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Daily Submission

So I had a hellasious work out last night. There was not a lot of new tecniques becing taught because we have a bunch of guys fighting on Saturday (check out http://armageddonfc.com/ for more info). However we did a lot of pad work and really pushed the pace. By the end of the Muay thai portion I was sucking wind pretty hard and sweating enough to save a small african village from a drought.

The BJJ portion focuse on a couple of butterfly guard passes. One of them was the pass described here: http://tonyssubmissions.blogspot.com/2008/04/daily-submission_14.html . The other one was dceptively simple. Reach over his back with one hand and grab the gi. With the other hand (right in this case) reach under his legs and grip the far side gi by the ankle. Post your right leg up and pull his legs to your right as you pull him in with the left. You end up o Knee on belly. Pretty simple and effective.

It was a rough roll last night because I was so tired. I rolled with a guy who was probably about 20 pounds lighter than me and I admit that I bullied him around with my size a bit. I tried to stay technical but when i get tired I wrestle rather than focus on BJJ. Another thing I noticed is that when I am tired, I can be tapped just by smothering my mouth and nose. At one point I was working a double underhook pass and he triangled my head. Normally, I just slowly work to shuck his legs off and get the pass but I guess I was really hurt for air so I ended up tapping for lack of oxygen. Other than that it was a good roll, I had some good submission chances and a couple of nice sweeps and passes. As I get in better grappling shape again, I am sure I will get up to snuff.

No comments: