Translate

Sunday, August 30, 2009

UFC 102

Rough night for me last night. Not one of the guys I wanted to win came out on top. Damien Maia was a particular disappointment. I was really looking forward to a great fight between those two. Randy Couture and Mintauro was a great fight and I was really worried about that fight because I hate it when fading legends fight. I hate seeing guys on the tail end of their careers getting beat badly. Luckily, that didn't happen to either of them Nog took the win but Couture was competive and even looked like he was going to pull it off at times.

Unfourtunately, it looks like he did too well. At 46 Randy is starting to show his age but he just signed a new 6 fight deal through 2012. That would put him at 49. I hope he quits before he does perment damage to himself.

On the other hand, how good is his jiu jitsu. He escaped a lot of position against one of the best MMA BJJ guys. I was seriously impressed.

No comments: