Translate

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Daily Submission

Last nights class was focus around Spider guard. We learned a sweep, a spin into a triangle and a spin into an omaplata. The spins are going to take some work. I was not very good at them. I rolled with a buddy of mine, that I actually taught beginning grappling to almost 10 years ago. I out weighed him by a fair amount so I tried not to over power him and just roll. We had a good time. Same story for me, I am having trouble finishing. I got to take more risks maybe. I can get positions pretty easy but I am kind of slow on the subs. I am sure it will come eventually. I decided to work on "twister side control" a little last night. I didn't do a whole lot with it but it makes getting the mount a breeze. Definitely something I need to explore. I am starting to nail the old school sweep from half guard at a reasonable percentage. The focus is paying off.

I bought an Ouano kimono from www.fullcontactsports.ca and I wore it for the first time last night. Pretty nice, I will do a full gear review in a few days.

De La Riva is coming to my gym in June. 2 days for like 100 bucks. That is insane. I can't wait.

No comments: